Founded in 1979 by Dirk Huisman, SKIM has developed into a dynamic international market research agency with five locations worldwide. In little over 30 years our organization shaped up from an innovative, entrepreneurial individual into a international team of around 100 dedicated professionals from all over the world. And we are continuing to grow and expand...
From individual entrepreneur to market research agency
- 1979: Foundation in May, exchanging the attic for an actual office in Rotterdam in the fall of '79
- 1983: International research scope of no less than 12 countries, covering 5 continents
Developing methodological leadership in conjoint
- 1987: Representing Sawtooth Software in Europe, Middle East and Africa
- 1993: Separate division taking care of distribution of Sawtooth Software
International expansion to be close to our clients
- 2003: Opening US office in greater New York area
- 2008: Opening Geneva office & relocation US office to Hoboken, NJ (greater New York area)
- 2009: Opening London office
- 2010: Opening Triggerpoint, our research and training facility in Rotterdam
- 2012: Opening San Francisco office
- 2013: Relocation of London office to bigger, more inspiring space
SKIM is a member of the market research associations BHBIA, CASRO, EphMRA, ESOMAR, MOA, PBIRG and PMRG.
We work according to the standards of our Dutch ISO 9001 certification.
We believe in encouraging entrepreneurship.That's why SKIM supports Oxfam Novib in providing micro financing worldwide.